This soup is packed with amazing nutrients and is ready in less than half an hour.
Prep time: ten minutes
Cook time: fifteen minutes
Total time: twenty-five minutes
- 2 teaspoons of cumin seeds
- A pinch of chilli flakes
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 600g of carrots, washed and coarsely grated
- 140g of split red lentils
- 1 liter of hot vegetable stock (from a cube)
- 125ml of milk
- Naan bread and plain yogurt, to serve
- Place a saucepan over medium high heat, then add in a pinch of chili flakes and two teaspoons of cumin seeds and dry-fry them for about a minute, or until the release their aroma.
- Transfer half of the mixture to a plate and set aside. Then add in 600g of coarsely grated carrots, two tablespoons of olive oil, 140g of split red lentils, 125ml of milk and the vegetable stock into the pan.
- Heat until it boils, then reduce heat and let it simmer for fifteen minutes until the lentils soften and become swollen.
- Pour the soup into a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Season the soup, then top with the reserved spices and some plain yoghurt.
- Serve with the naan breads. Enjoy.