|Cook Time:||20 min|
|Prep Time:||10 min|
|Total Time:||30 min|
3. In a large pot, place the spinach with the water still clinging to its leaves. Cover the pot and steam the spinach over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until just wilted, approximately 5 minutes. Drain the spinach and, once it's cool enough to handle, press out any excess liquid. Chop the spinach and transfer it to a small bowl. Stir in the minced garlic and season with salt and pepper.
5. Take one-quarter of the spinach mixture and place it in the center of one-half of each opened paper heart or foil. Lay a sole fillet over the spinach mixture and arrange slices of plum tomatoes over the fish. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Seal the parchment paper or foil packages tightly, ensuring that the edges are well-folded and secure. Place the packages on a baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the packages are puffed. You may want to open one package to check if the fish is opaque and cooked through.
9. Transfer the packages to individual plates and allow each diner to open their own package at the table.
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
* 1 pound sole fillets
* 4 small plum tomatoes, sliced
Fat: 2g (Monounsaturated Fat: 2g)
Frequently asked questions on Fillet of Sole with Spinach & Tomatoes
Q: What is Fillet of Sole with Spinach & Tomatoes?
A: Fillet of Sole with Spinach & Tomatoes is a dish made with delicate sole fillets cooked in individual parchment paper or aluminum foil packages, accompanied by steamed spinach and sliced plum tomatoes.
Q: How do I prepare the spinach for this recipe?
A: The spinach is steamed in a pot with a little water until it wilts, then drained and excess liquid pressed out. It is then chopped and mixed with minced garlic, salt, and pepper.
Q: Can I use frozen spinach instead of fresh?
A: Fresh spinach is recommended for this recipe, but if you only have frozen spinach, make sure to thaw it and remove any excess liquid before using it.
Q: How long do I bake the packages in the oven?
A: The packages should be baked in a preheated oven at 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) for approximately 10 to 12 minutes, or until they are puffed and the fish is opaque.
Q: Can I use a different type of fish instead of sole?
A: Yes, you can substitute sole fillets with other thin and delicate white fish fillets such as flounder or plaice.
Q: Can I prepare the packages ahead of time?
A: It is best to prepare and bake the packages just before serving to ensure the fish and vegetables are cooked properly and retain their freshness. However, you can prepare the spinach and slice the tomatoes ahead of time to save on prep work.
Q: What can I serve with Fillet of Sole with Spinach & Tomatoes?
A: This dish pairs well with steamed rice, roasted potatoes, or a side salad for a complete and balanced meal.
Q: Can I adjust the seasoning according to my taste?
A: Absolutely! Feel free to adjust the salt and pepper levels in the spinach mixture and on the fish to suit your personal preferences.