Flavorful and healthy meal. This meal is below 200 calories and 30 g of Carbohydrate. Ideal meal for people with diabetes.
Preparation time: fifteen minutes
Cooking time: thirty-five minutes
Total time: fifty minutes
- 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 3/4 cup of quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- Ground black pepper and salt to taste
- 1 cup of frozen corn kernels
- 2 (15 ounce) cans of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup of chopped fresh cilantro
- Pour the oil into a saucepan and place over medium heat. Add in the garlic and onion and stir until browned, for ten minutes.
- Add in the quinoa into the onion mixture and then pour in the vegetable broth. Add in cumin, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Heat the mixture until it boils, then cover the saucepan. Decrease the heat and let it simmer until the broth is absorbed and the broth absorbed, about twenty minutes.
- Add in the frozen corn into the saucepan and let it simmer until heated through, about five minutes, then add in the cilantro and black beans and mix properly.