Are you looking for a healthy and flavorful snack that’s easy to make? Try this recipe for homemade herbed yoghurt cheese. This recipe is made with nonfat yoghurt and a blend of herbs and spices. This is a perfect creamy spread for dipping or spreading on your favourite crackers or bread.
- 2 cups yoghurt cheese made from nonfat yoghurt
- 2 scallions, trimmed and minced
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley plus leaves for garnish
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a medium-sized bowl, blend together yoghurt cheese, scallions, parsley, basil, garlic, salt, and pepper with a wooden spoon.
- The cheese may be prepared ahead and stored, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- To serve, spread the cheese on crostini and garnish with parsley leaves.
- 24 calories
- 0 g fat
- 1 mg cholesterol
- 3 g carbohydrate
- 3 g protein
- 66 mg sodium
General description of Herbed Yogurt Cheese
Yoghurt cheese is an excellent and healthy alternative to traditional cream cheese, as it is lower in fat and calories. In this recipe, we add a blend of fresh herbs and garlic to the yoghurt cheese for added flavour and nutritional benefits. Scallions and parsley are both high in vitamin K, which is important for bone health, while basil is a good source of vitamin A, which supports eye health. Garlic has anti-inflammatory properties and may help boost the immune system.
Try experimenting with different herbs and spices to make this recipe even more versatile. You could add a small amount of chopped chives, dill, or cilantro for a different flavour profile. Or, add a pinch of cayenne pepper or smoked paprika for some heat.
Overall, herbed yoghurt cheese is a delicious and healthy snack option that is easy to make and customize to your tastes. Give it a try and enjoy the creamy, tangy goodness!
Cream Yellow Health and Wellness Neo Classical Health & Wellness Website by Fahad Wali Ahmed